Expand the business acumen of your people and empower them to drive business value every day
Put your people in the driver’s seat of a business. Let them balance variables and feel the pressure of making economic tradeoffs. They will put their skills to the test and learn from their successes and failures. Through expertly facilitated debriefs, your people will more confidently understand financial data and make decisions that drive business value.
Individual contributors, non-financial managers, and rising business leaders
Facilitated one-day classroom or live online development experience
Speak the language of business and finance
Make data-driven decisions
Understand drivers of business value
Broker trade-offs between imperfect choices
Why Business Challenge?
People across the enterprise need to communicate effectively about business metrics and evaluate financial data to make informed business decisions. Business Challenge gives them the practice environment to more confidently use financial data to make decisions that drive business value. Want to learn more? Schedule a 15-minute conversation.
How Does it Work?
- Participants compete in a dynamic business simulation, featuring a changing marketplace tailored to your industry.
- Participants work and compete in small teams to practice interpreting financial data using exercises specific to your organization.
- The experience can incorporate lessons in strategic planning, financial statement analysis, unit economics, cost structure analysis, data-driven decision tools, evaluating strategic levers, and understanding the drivers of business value.
- The simulation can be delivered in one day in a classroom or as a live online experience.
- Certified facilitators with extensive finance and training experience debrief the learning and provide coaching insights.
- Facilitator certification for client-internal trainers is available.
- One year of online access to Fluent in Finance, an interactive, self-paced pre-work curriculum for all program participants is included.
Who Can Benefit?
Business Challenge can successfully integrate into your development programs, whether your are building business acumen in individual contributors, non-financial managers, or senior leaders.
Start the Learning Journey with Fluent in Finance
Teach the Basics of Business Acumen
Fluent in Finance is a self-paced, six-hour online course in business finance that combines the convenience and best practices of online delivery with rich interactive media and business case studies. Fluent in Finance lays the foundation for employees to base everyday decision-making on financial criteria, advocate for business ideas, and translate the company’s strategic goals and financial metrics into meaningful terms.
Fluent in Finance is part of Abilitie’s Business Challenge and Executive Challenge programs and can be used as either prework or reference material.