Business Development Manager
Abilitie is a three year old startup that was spun out of Enspire Learning, a 15-year-old pioneer of e-learning games and simulations. We are located at the Industrious coworking space (5th and Colorado) in the heart of downtown Austin.
Our award-winning simulations are used in over 20 countries by many Fortune 500 companies. Our unique programs include team-based business simulations that the Wall Street Journal has called the “Sim City of the Business World”.
What will I do?
We are looking for a dynamic, goal-oriented, and self-driven Business Development Manager to prospect and manage our growing pipeline of leads. This junior level position will be a full-time Business Development role in Austin, TX. As we are a growing company, your role will likely stretch from market development to closing sales alongside our account management team and executives.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify, develop, and prospect new opportunities through cold outreach via e-mail and phone.
- Establish and cultivate a network of Learning & Development leaders in Fortune 500s as a junior member of the sales team.
- Achieve established targets for new opportunities identified and new sales generated.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, demos, proposals, pricing and contracts.
- A start-up mentality willing to take-on additional responsibilities as they arise.
What do we look for?
In order to be successful in this role, you will likely have:
- Persistent, diligent, detail-oriented market development and client prospecting skills.
- A professional e-mail and phone presence.
- Relevant work experience and a proven track record in business development or market development.
- Strong verbal communication skills, presentation skills and networking skills.
- Tenacity in making outbound phone calls and setting up meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Competitive Pay - we hire great folks and our salaries are set with that in mind.
- Travel Opportunities - We deploy simulations all over the world.
- Freedom/Responsibility - Our company is built around empowering individuals (both as our mission and internally) to be their best selves. This means you will work in a way that brings you energy and drives value!
- High Impact - As a small team each contribution you make will have high visibility and drive real business goals.
- Unique Learning Opportunities - Our simulations are typically accompanied by world class professional development of which you will certainly benefit.
- Monthly Fun/Service Activities - We have opt-in monthly team builders in which we've done everything from a Round Rock Express baseball game to indoor skydiving!