Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Abilitie is a three-year old start-up that was spun out of Enspire Learning, a 15-year old pioneer of e-learning games and simulations. We are located at the Industrious co-working space (5th and Colorado) in the heart of downtown Austin.
Our award-winning simulations are used in 20 countries and by many Fortune 500 companies. Now we’re taking on a new challenge. We’re building a holistic recruiting and professional development platform that we think has the potential to provide unprecedented access to job opportunities. In turn we're also building the best recruiting marketplace in Austin!
We’re looking for a Senior (Full-Stack) Software Engineer to join the team building both the new platform as well as aid in supporting our simulation-based learning apps. In this role, you will be responsible for growing and supporting architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment of web applications and platform.
The right person should be:
A top-notch software engineer
A genuinely nice person
An entrepreneur personality who gets stuff done
A clear and concise communicator (written and oral)
Our shortlist of technical skills is:
1. You’re an experienced software _engineer_. You avoid the golden hammer, and you've considered the tradeoffs of good, fast, and cheap code. You think in terms of great architecture and maintainability.
2. You have an eye for front-end design or can implement great UX. The recruitment platform will succeed or fail on its design. You don't need to be the best designer in the world, but you can tell the difference between good and great.
3. You have experience deploying a high-availability web application. You’ll need to design robust systems and be good at troubleshooting production challenges. You should know your way around a linux box. Experience with AWS and AWS APIs is a plus.
5. You have some front-end experience. We don’t expect you to be a whiz at front-end development and you’ll be paired with a front-end developer, but the ideal candidate should have at least some front-end experience. We use React on the front-end.
6. You take security seriously. Our apps house sensitive information. We’ll favor candidates with experience building software with enterprise-grade security requirements.
Our Preferred Technology Stack:
- Java w/ Spring (legacy code, less important)
- GraphQL w/ Apollo (new platform)
- React with or without Redux
- Competitive Pay - we hire great folks and our salaries are set with that in mind.
- Travel Opportunities - We deploy simulations all over the world and for the right candidate you would occassionally be our ambassador and technical lead onsite.
- Freedom/Responsibility - Our company is built around empowering individuals (both as our mission and internally) to be their best selves. This means engineers can work in a way that brings them energy and drives value!
- High Impact - As a small engineering team each contribution you make will have high visibility and drive real business.
- Unique Learning Opportunities - Our simulations are typically accompanied by world class professional development of which you will almost certainly benefit.
- Monthly Fun Activities - We have opt-in monthly team builders in which we've done everything from a Round Rock Express baseball game to indoor skydiving!